Maggie and Ted

Maggie and Ted
My sweetheart and me

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Content and untouched by trouble

Cate and I read Prov. 19:23 yesterday morning and I am still thinking about it.  It says, "The fear of the Lord leads to life.  Then one rests content, untouched by trouble."  This is one of the most glorious parts about the gospel.  When Jesus saves us, not only is our soul safe from hell, but our soul can also be safe from hell on earth.  By fearing Him (honoring, focusing on, caring about Him first, putting Him first in everything,)  life occurs instead of death, and my soul is shielded and enabled to enjoy this life, where I am at, my position in life, my responsibilities in life, my abundance or my lack and to just be content and untouched by trouble.  That doesn't mean that I don't care about trouble or other people's troubles or that I don't get involved in compassionately helping others in their troubles.  But what it means is that I don't take it into my spirit to the degree that I am overwhelmed and lose hope and live in discouragement and defeat.  We can truly live content in where we are right now because we are just trusting in the Lord with all our hearts and leaning not on our own understanding.  Thank you Lord, for the gift of contentment and your great gift of life...........

1 comment: