Maggie and Ted

Maggie and Ted
My sweetheart and me

Monday, September 12, 2011

"It is a gift to work"...

Last night we found out that our dear friend, Sharon Seldomridge, was having some serious health issues.  Ted and I prayed in bed together and I felt troubled.  This morning I was able to call her and find a little more of the details.  She has been diagnosed with Systemic Schlerosis.  She described her symptoms to me, which include hardening of her cells.  She first noticed that her hands felt hard.  I won't go into all the details about this disease, but when I asked Sharon how she is doing, she was quick to say that the Lord is giving her His sweet grace.  She also mentioned that she had a little more energy this past week and able to do a little more in her home.  She said to me, "It is a gift to work.  You never realize how true this is until you can't work and can't accomplish things on your list.''  I have been pondering this all day and am in agreement totally.  I have long prayed to God that He would bless my health so that I could serve Him and others and be able to work and move as long as I live.   But today it made me just be a little more thankful for all the things on my list and that I do have the ability to do them, if not always the time to do so.  This morning Cate and I just read, "Do your work heartily as unto the Lord.  It is the Lord Christ you serve...."

2 comments:

  1. So true!!! It certainly is. I will pray for Mrs. Seldomridge. I am so proud of you for updating your blog so much! (-;

    ReplyDelete